Recipe Courtesy of Tina VanDenHeuvel-Cook, NTP, NHC
You can follow Tina on Instagram @madebetterforyou
2 cups grated zucchini
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup sweetener (I use Lakanto brand golden sweetener)
1/3 cup unflavored whey protein powder
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs beaten
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup butter melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 overripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup walnut halves
• Preheat the oven to 325˚F. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
• Wrap the grated zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Discard liquid and set zucchini aside.
• In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: almond flour, sweetener, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir with a fork.
• In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients: eggs, sour cream, butter and vanilla. Stir in mashed banana.
• Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in zucchini and walnuts.
• Pour batter into a parchment-lined loaf pan and bake in a 325˚F oven for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before serving. Slice into 12 slices.