Fueling your body and mind is all about balance, so don’t be afraid to treat yourself once in a while. This is the perfect cake to bring to a party or serve after hosting dinner. Moist, rich and so easy to prepare. This cake pairs perfectly with vanilla ice cream.
1 chocolate cake mix
1 package chocolate instant pudding
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup mayo
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
3 tbsp. maraschino cherry juice
1 tsp. almond extract
FOR THE FROSTING:
1/2 cup of butter, room temperature
3 cups of powdered sugar
1/4 cup of whole milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease your bundt pan with whatever method you choose.
3. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Check for readiness with a tooth pick; if it comes out clean it’s done.
4. While cake is baking, prepare your icing.
5. In a medium bowl, and using an electric hand mixer, beat the butter until light and smooth. Beat in the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
6. Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl and place over a small pan of barely simmering water. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is melted and smooth, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the melted chocolate to the vanilla frosting and stir until smooth.
7. Once your cake is done, let cool to room temperature.
8. Aftering cooling, flip your bundt onto your platter. Pour icing over, and enjoy!
Cake recipe is a REAL northwest living In-house recipe
Icing courtesy of GIADA DE LAURENTIIS