Recipes & Photos Courtesy of Tina VanDenHeuvel-Cook, NTP
You can follow Tina on Instagram @madebetterforyou
INGREDIENTS For the Dressing: 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I like Primal Kitchen) 2 tbsp. bacon grease, melted 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp. shallot, minced salt and pepper to taste
For the Maple Pecans: 1 tbsp. butter 3 tbsp. maple syrup (I like Lakanto brand) 3/4 cup pecan halves 1/4 tsp. salt
For the Salad: 4 cups Brussels sprouts, shredded 4 pieces of cooked bacon, chopped 1 small Fuji apple, chopped 1/2 cup dried cranberries 1/2 cup Romano cheese, shredded 3/4 cup maple pecans
• Place all the dressing ingredients in a mason jar fitted with a lid and shake until fully combined. Set aside.
• In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, add butter and maple syrup. Cook until butter has melted.
• Add the pecans and thoroughly coat using a heat proof silicone spatula. Sprinkle pecans with salt. Keep tossing pecans to prevent burning and until they have soaked up all the maple syrup. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
• In a medium salad bowl, add all the salad ingredients. Add bacon dressing and stir to coat.
• Serve immediately, and enjoy.