Recipe by Tina VanDenHeuvel, NTP
@madebetterfor you on Instagram
Ingredients: For the Bread: I cup almond flour 1/4 cup whey protein powder 1/4 cup coconut flour 1 tbsp. baking powder 1/3 cup melted butter 1/3 cup Lakanto brand sweetener 1/3 cup sour cream 2 eggs 1 tbsp. lemon extract zest of one lemon 1 cup shredded zucchini 1 cup fresh blueberries For the Glaze: 1/2 cup Swerve confectioners sweetener 2 tbsp. coconut or almond milk
For the Bread:
• Preheat oven to 325˚F. Line a 1.5-quart loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly butter parchment.
• In a medium size bowl sift almond flour, whey protein, coconut flour and baking soda. Ensure there are no lumps.
• In a separate medium bowl, beat melted butter, sweetener, sour cream, eggs and lemon extract. Stir in lemon zest. Pour mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Mix in zucchini and blueberries.
• Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Allow bread to cool.
For the Glaze:
• In a small bowl, mix confectioners sweetener and milk until no clumps appear. Pour glaze over the top of the bread.