Recipe & Photo Courtesy of Tina VanDenHeuvel, NTP NHC
1 cup balsamic vinegar 8 oz. white cheddar cheese 24 basil leaves 24 fresh blackberries
To Prepare the Glaze:
• In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring vinegar to a boil.
• Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until vinegar has reduced to 1/4 cup.
• Remove from heat and as it cools it will continue to thicken.
Glaze may be refrigerated in a glass jar with a fitted lid for up to 1 month.
• Slice cheddar cheese into 24 even squares. Using toothpicks, layer the ingredients with the cheddar cheese, a folded basil leaf and follow with a blackberry.
• Line a serving dish with the skewers and drizzle with balsamic glaze right before serving.