Recipe & Photo Courtesy of Tina VanDenHeuvel-Cook, NTP
You can follow Tina on Instagram @madebetterforyou
INGREDIENTS: 4 cups unsweetened coconut chips 1 cup raw sunflower seeds 1 cup pecan pieces 1 cup walnuts, chopped 2 tbsp. dried ginger 2 tbsp. dried cardamom 2 tsp. cinnamon 1 tsp. nutmeg 1/2 tsp. salt 4 tbsp. coconut oil, melted 2 tbsp. maple syrup (I like Lakanto brand sweetener) 1 cup apple-sweetened dried cranberries 1 cup dried apples, chopped
• Preheat the oven to 325˚F. Mix coconut chips, sunflower seeds, pecans, walnuts, spices and salt in a large bowl.
• In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt coconut oil. Add maple syrup to coconut oil and poor over granola. Mix until well coated.
• Spread granola on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, occasionally tossing mixture to evenly brown the coconut and prevent burning. Remove from heat.
• Mix cranberries and dried apple pieces into the granola.
• Cool and serve as a trail mix or pour your favorite milk over it and enjoy as a cereal.