8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
2 cucumbers, seeds removed and diced
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
2 1/2 tsp. fresh dill, chopped
2 1/2 tsp. fresh mint, chopped
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. white wine vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
6 slices of your choice of bread (recipe can be modified to use crackers)
1 1/2 to 1 3/4 lb. (about 3 large) assorted fresh tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Chives, thinly sliced
Put It Together:
1. In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, cucumbers, red onion, dill, mint, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper.
2. Toast bread slices.
3. Spread a generous amount of the cucumber mixture onto each slice of the toasted bread.
4. Top each slice with 2 to 3 tomato slices.
5. Drizzle each with olive oil.
6. Sprinkle tomatoes with chives.
7. Serve promptly.