Recipe Courtesy of Tina VanDenHeuvel
Photo by Tina VanDenHeuvel
You can follow Tina @madebetterforyou on Instagram
1 8-oz. package bacon, each piece cut into thirds
2 8-oz. blocks cream cheese, softened
6 oz. Mexican-blend cheese, shredded
2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
1 tbsp. cumin
2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
• Preheat your oven to 400˚F. Spray a broiler pan, or cover a sheet pan with aluminum foil, and place a wire rack on top with non-stick cooking spray. Set it aside for later.
• Start by prepping the jalapeños using a chef’s knife to cut off the stems, and cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise. Then, use a spoon to scrape out all the seeds and the white membrane inside the pepper. You can discard the seeds once you’re done or keep a few to add to the cream cheese mixture if you like it extra hot.
• In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheese, jalapeños and seasonings. Fill each jalapeño with the mix.
• Cut bacon strips into thirds and lay a piece on top of the cream cheese mix. Once you have filled and topped all the jalapeños with bacon, place them in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bacon is done.
• Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
Yields 24 poppers